Sunrise Whalewatch Ma’alaea
Capture the first whale sighting of the day as the sun rises over Haleakala. The golden light of dawn is a spectacular backdrop for whalewatching and a favorite of photographers. Typically this is also the calmest time of day on the ocean. Sunrise Whalewatch is led by certified Marine Naturalists for fun and informative interpretation of humpback whale behaviors and characteristics. Departs from conveniently located Ma'alaea Harbor; an easy drive from Kihei, Wailea, Makena, Paia, Upcountry, Wailuku and Kahului.
Receive 10% off all online bookings. For additional savings, become a member today and receive 20% off!
Children ages 0-4 are free!
One child ages 5-12 is free per one paying adult!
Whale sightings are guaranteed or go again free on another whalewatch of equal or lesser value within one year. We are proud of our 97% sighting success rate.
- Underwater hydrophones to hear whale songs
- Onboard Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Unlimited filtered water
- Reef Safe Sunscreen – free application before boarding/small bottles available at cost ($3) onboard vessel
- Full-color marine wildlife poster
- Whale sightings guaranteed or go again free
- Affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars
- Snacks and beverages for purchase, including soda and juice, plus Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine and tropical cocktails for adults 21+ with valid picture ID (limit: 3 alcoholic beverages per adult)
Departs: Daily at 6:30 a.m. [December 1 to April 15]
Duration: 2 hours (approx.)
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store, Ma’alaea Harbor Shops, next to Maui Ocean Center