Ultimate Whalewatch Ma’alaea
Learn firsthand what it is like to be a whale researcher during this special offering with Pacific Whale Foundation’s researchers and marine biologists out of Ma’alaea Harbor. This unique adventure includes a 3 hour whalewatch with one of our whale Researchers and our certified Marine Naturalist onboard Ocean Explorer, a 54 ft. single deck catamaran. This vessel used to be our whale research vessel in years past, and offers the perfect small group platform for whalewatching and photography.
Receive 10% off all online bookings. For additional savings, become a member today and receive 20% off!
With only 38 aboard and open air seating, you’ll have unobstructed viewing of the humpback whales and the opportunity to interact with our naturalists and researcher onboard to gain a better understanding about these giants of the sea, as well as how and what data collection our researchers are gathering. Our naturalists will provide you with expert commentary about humpback whales and the various behaviors being exhibited by these amazing giants during your tour. Every tour is different and amazing, so come out with us on this unique adventure.
- Live interaction with onboard whale Researcher and certified Marine Naturalists.
- Underwater hydrophones to hear live whale songs
- Whale sightings guaranteed or go again free
- Unlimited sodas, juices, filtered water and 2 complimentary alcoholic drinks (Maui Brewery Company beer and wine)
- A downloadable selection of 30 of our research department’s favorite whale photos.
- Lunch: Fresh island fruit, grilled chicken or vegetable wraps, potato salad, Maui style chips, chocolate chips cookies.
- Full-color marine wildlife poster.
- Affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars
Departs: Wednesdays 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. [January 3 to April 11]
Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store, Ma’alaea Harbor Shops, next to Maui Ocean Center